Saturday, May 7, 2011

I got here...now what

I  hate debt !  I wish that personal finance was a required course in high school and college.  I never learned much about personal finance at home and while I may have not taken full advantage of the knowledge being offered to me in a high school course - I may have gleaned something from it that would have saved me. 

This all being said, I had a heck of a time when I got out on my own and all I knew how to do was spend.  I got married and already had debt.  We were doing okay though money was tight but a car accident made us think we needed to go out and get a newer vehicle so we did and then proceeded to go on a trip we couldn't afford and our trip was financed by a credit card.  So began our slow decent to the chains of debt.

We then continued to use the credit card just making minimum payment and continued accepting new credit cards and using them...

Fast forward 10 years later and we are ... drowing in credit card debt, a car loan, medical debt, student loans, threats of legal action, phone calls constantly from creditors, continual stress, and trying to dig ourselves out.

No comments:

Post a Comment